This ready-to-use hydrophobic barrier pens is designed for immunohistochemistry applications. The surface tension provided by the circle, square, or any other shapes drawn to fit tissue sections with the pen ensures that only the amount of antibody solution needed for sufficient reaction will be applied. Stable up to 129 degrees C in microwave heat.
The PAP Pen is very effective for immunostaining procedures by the Peroxidase-Antiperoxidase (PAP) method, ABC method, LSAB method, polymeric method, immunofluorescence method, ASD method, Enzyme method and Frozen Section method.
For paraffin sections, the PAP Pen should be applied after deparaffinization. For frozen sections, the PAP Pen can be applied after fixation.
Directions to Use:
- Deparaffinize tissue sections and hydrate to water. Perform antigen retrieval if necessary.
- Wipe away excess liquid around the section on slide with Kimwipes.
- Draw lines or circle around the section and let dry for 15 seconds.
- Apply drops of washing buffer to cover the section.
- Proceed with standard immunohistochemistry procedure.