ABC of Safety in the Biological Sciences
Keep away from eyes and skin.
Avoid inhalation and ingestion.
Keep away from heat or naked flames.
HEALTH HAZARD DATA
Natural dye. The powder will cause eye irritation. Believed to be of low toxicity.
Skin - Immediately wash the affected area with soap or mild detergent and large amounts of water until all evidence of the chemical has been removed (approximately 15 minutes). If irritation or dermatitis develops seek medical advice.
Eyes - Immediately wash the affected eye with large amounts of water until all evidence of the chemical has been removed (approximately 15 minutes). If irritation or pain persists seek immediate medical attention.
Inhalation - Remove from the area of exposure to fresh air. Keep warm and allow to rest. Seek medical advice if discomfort develops.
Ingestion - Never give anything by mouth if the victim is losing consciousness, is unconscious or convulsing. Rinse the mouth thoroughly with water. Seek medical advice if discomfort develops.
Incompatible with strong oxidising agents. Heating produces toxic compounds of carbon.
Store in a cool, dry atmosphere away from heat and incompatible substances.
Wear protective clothing. A long sleeved laboratory coat or gown with elasticised wrist bands, rubber gloves and safety goggles as a minimum standard.
Mix with a solvent and burn in a high temperature incinerator.
No data available.