ABC of Safety in the Biological Sciences
The following are indications of a possible
- sudden, squeezing chest pain that may
radiate to the arms, shoulders, jaw or stomach area
- shortness of breath
- feeling of nausea and vomiting
- dizziness, faintness and weakness
- profuse sweating
Immediate medical attention should be
sought if these symptoms are observed. In the meantime remain with
the person concerned and:
- loosen tight clothing.
- place in a half upright position.
- give artificial respiration if the
victim loses consciousness.
BACK to the top
of the Glossary Contents List
BACK to the top of the Chemical