ABC of Safety in the Biological Sciences
Those described below generally follow
- for pathogenic waste - yellow heavy
duty plastic garbage bag.
- for sharps -rigid containers with
impenetrable walls and capable of containing any residual liquid
in the disposed item as might occur with pipettes or syringes.
- for toxic waste
- Hazardous - original container or
adequately labelled bulk container.
- Cytotoxic - purple heavy duty plastic bag
- for radioactive - Blue or red plastic
bags or containers displaying the black internationally
recognised radioactivity symbol.
- for general solids - black plastic
- for general liquid - strong sealed
BACK to the top of
the Glossary Contents List
BACK to the top of the Chemical