Abcam Ad

Author Topic: image analysis  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Amita

• Trainee
image analysis
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:36:11 AM »
Dear friends,
i want to buy image analysis software for quantitative analysis of histopathology, morphometry, and IHC work.  Which software can be suitable for these ? Does any one  has experience with image proplus from mediacybernetics?
hanks, Amita dubey

image analysis
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:36:11 AM »

Offline Evan

• Trainee
image analysis
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:34:42 AM »
I have a lot of experience with ImagePro Plus. It works wonderfully for almost every need you may have in terms of analysis. What really helps is either having a media cybernetics representative to help you customize any analysis methods you are looking for specifically to your needs, or have a technician available who basically knows imagepro inside and out who can design macros, measurement standards, etc. for your needs.

Offline hokie

• SuperTech
    • Stereothena Inc
image analysis software
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:15:26 AM »
You definitely want to look into Visiopharm. Their software begins where ImagePro ends. They have image segmentation methods that are leaps and bounds above most anything I have seen. You can do most of the customization yourself since everything is done with what appear to be simple menus that hide the complexities of the work from you. I can easily set up a segmentation procedure and have the results entered into a report in a short period of time. Best of all there are no macros to write.
Do more, less well. ~Ewald Weibel

Offline braz

• Trainee
image pro - media cybernetics
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »
I'm using a Media Cybernetics camera (PL A662) linked to ImagePro Plus to analyse immunocytochemstry but, somehow, the software can't keep the settings from one picture to the next. They all come out terrible! Is there any way to link this camera to Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paintshop instead of using ImagePro?

image pro - media cybernetics
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »