Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Differential diagnosis between Gastric & Colon Carcinoma  (Read 18228 times)

Offline n_bjorkhammer

• SuperTech
Differential diagnosis between Gastric & Colon Carcinoma
« on: October 31, 2005, 07:26:06 AM »
Trying to find an antibody that can differentiate between these two tumours. The standard panel of CK7/20 wont differentiate. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nick
Niclas Björkhammer, MSc
Technologist II - anatomical Pathology and Morgue
Department of Pathology
Sidra Medical and Research Center
Doha, Qatar

« on: October 31, 2005, 07:26:06 AM »

Offline ImmunoNYC

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
Re: Differential diagnosis between Gastric & Colon Carci
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 11:57:30 PM »
I suggest you check out the book by David Dabbs called Diagnostic Immunopathology if you haven't already. It's fabulous.

Anyway I consulted mine and this is what it says for gastric vs colon:

It says to use the standard CK7/CK20 as you already used though it points out that CK7 and CK20 play a small role in distinguishing the two as only 10-20% of gastric adenos actually prominently show the CK7+/CK20- coordinate staining pattern. Hmm, this must be what you are seeing. Instead they mention to use CK17 as it is positive in less than 50% of gastric adenos but in the positive ones the staining pattern is strong and diffuse where colorectal tumors do not stain with CK17 or show extremely focal staining. Might be worth a shot :)

Offline JLI

• SuperTech
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 04:52:19 PM »
I suggest that you add villin and CDX2 to your panel. They are both powerful markers of colorectal adenocarcinoma

Re: Differential diagnosis between Gastric & Colon Carcinoma
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »