Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Aperio ScanScope.  (Read 10394 times)

Offline new

Aperio ScanScope.
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
May be someone have all Algorithms for Aperio ScanScope (Positive Pixel Count, Nuclear Algorithm, Membrane Algorithm,Micromet Algorithm), and can send me  on my mail?

Demo-version: http://www.uhnres.utoronto.ca/programs/omm/aomf/downloads/ImageScope_v8.0.39.1059.exe
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:49:45 PM by new »

Aperio ScanScope.
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »

Offline excalibur

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
    • http://www.excaliburpathology.com
Re: Aperio ScanScope.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:32:58 AM »
I would love to have the Aperio system. It scans the entire slide for viewing later at different magnifications. However the link you posted is just for the viewer. Go to Aperio's home page to navigate through the site to get the specifications.
This is still pricy technology, but you can even include a photomicrograph of the slide in the final pathology report.
Paula Keene Pierce, HTL(ASCP)HT
Excalibur Pathology, Inc.
5830 N Blue Lake Dr.
Norman, OK 73069
405-759-3959
www.excaliburpathology.com

Offline hokie

• SuperTech
    • Stereothena Inc
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
It is not clear to me why you would want to scan in the entire slide. Isn't it rare or even unusual to want all of the information on a slide? A typical slide should create an enormous amount of data even scanned with a 40x objective. That image is a single focal plane through the slide unless projection is used. Quantification from single image planes is limited.

It just seems to me that the original slide contains more information, and occupies less physical space than a virtual slide. On the other hand I can see that the virtual slide can be shared through a web service, but with today's technology very few slides can be shared due to the enormus sizes of the files.

I am hoping to learn more about the uses this technology is being put to by asking. Please don't be offended if you are a content user of such a system. Just let me know it works for you.

Thanks
Do more, less well. ~Ewald Weibel

Offline ImmunoNYC

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:02:51 AM »
Though I don't really know it sounds like it would be better suited for example looking at diagnostic immuno results or H&E slides from patient samples where the pathologist or consulting pathologists may be at different institutions and now can access the data directly over a network rather than having to ship slides from one hospital or part of a hospital to another ... ?

Offline hokie

• SuperTech
    • Stereothena Inc
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »
That makes sense. I think something like that is being done with veterinarians where the pathologist is in contact with techs in the field that send images over the internet instead of going to the animals onsite.

I guess educational websites could also use this feature although I notice that these sites seem to come and go in a short period of time. Lots of the sites I once looked at are no longer online.
Do more, less well. ~Ewald Weibel

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »