Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Target Retrieval Solution  (Read 8803 times)

Offline jdmiller

Target Retrieval Solution
« on: January 08, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »
Can I re-use Target Retrieval Solution, high pH (Dako) a few times before throwing it away?  I have 500 mL left and only need 20-30 cc each time.  However, I don't want to buy another bottle so I want to re-use some.  Does anyone use this product much?

Thanks!!  JDM

Target Retrieval Solution
« on: January 08, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

Offline ImmunoNYC

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
Re: Target Retrieval Solution
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:49:37 PM »
I just wrote a long reply to this and it got deleted so I am frustrated but long story short, you can try to reuse it if you like but I wouldn't personally recommend it unless you just wanted a quick and dirty type of answer. I am sure it will work but the question is whether it will work as well as previously and give you reproducible results if you need to run your experiment in duplicate etc. If that doesn't matter so much to you then go ahead. If it does matter, then don't risk it. Depends on how desperate you are I suppose. I would worry about pH change and salt, citrate concentration changes.

And to answer your question, yes I do use TRS all the time. It ROCKS and is just about the best thing since sliced bread (yet sooooooooooooo pricey!).

Offline DABaddict

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:49:06 AM »
One of the DAKO reps told me that you can use it 3 times before chucking it out. I've tried and it seems to work ok. I'd probably test it on something not so precious the first time and compare with fresh :) Good luck.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:49:06 AM »