Abcam Ad

Author Topic: resolution  (Read 5915 times)

Offline valeria

• Trainee
resolution
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »
Hi all,
First of all I'd like to apoligize for my basic question but sometimes for me it is hard to get to the end.

I am trying to better understand the relationship between resolution and image acquisition...I read all the very useful website on the theory of that (Nyquist,PSF, optics etc.....) but at the end I'd like to have a simple way to understand if I am undersampling my object or not.

I know I should be aware of :
the objective
the pixel number (or size) of the picture
the wavelength
zoom

but I should also know the size (in micron or metric system) of the field of view (where I can find that???)
how can I put all together all these informations in a very easy way? I would like to to know if It is worth to use 3900X3900 resolution with a 4x objective because I am not acquiring more information but I shouldn't use less than.....resolution?

Maybe is a very stupid question.....but thanks anyway for all yours input!!!!!!!!!!!

Valeria

resolution
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »

Offline indra-dr

• Trainee
Re: resolution
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »
Simple question, but instead of a complicated answer, there is a good resource site that explains this pretty well:
http://microscopyu.com/tutorials/java/digitalimaging/pixelcalculator/index.html

There is a lot of other useful information about microscopy on that site as well.

Re: resolution
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »