Author Topic: how to export *.fcs file to excel?  (Read 21782 times)

Offline Dunia

• SuperTech
how to export *.fcs file to excel?
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:30 AM »
Hello!!!
It is a software question:
I wish to be able to export my histograms to excel or may be some other application to perform histogram subtraction mathimatically. I want to have my data in a form of a table: event and its fluorescent intensity.
What application should I use?

little background: BD FACSAria cell sorter, Diva 5.0, FCS Express....

Thank you!

how to export *.fcs file to excel?
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:30 AM »

Offline davidnovo

Re: how to export *.fcs file to excel?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
Hi Dunia,

If you wish to export data from FCS Express, you can do FCS File->Export or Tools->Batch Export. Please visit our forums at http://www.denovosoftware.com/forums to ask questions to us directly.

Offline Tejas

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »
Hi!!!!!

I believe a tool named -'FlowPy' would be perfect for you. It is free and easy to use and can be downloaded from the website: http://flowpy.wikidot.com/ . It allows you to extract the whole data in the form of an excel sheet. Apart from that you can extract only part data by gating a dot plot or selecting a part of a histogram. Please let me know if you have any other questions or queries regarding the same. I can be reached on m.pankaj@iitg.ac.in

Hope you like FlowPy!!!

Hello!!!
I wish to be able to export my histograms to excel or may be some other application to perform histogram subtraction mathimatically. I want to have my data in a form of a table: event and its fluorescent intensity.

Thank you!

Offline MTomas

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »
Hello!!!
I wish to be able to export my histograms to excel or may be some other application to perform histogram subtraction mathematically. I want to have my data in a form of a table: event and its fluorescent intensity.

Thank you!

Hello Dunia,

if your request (or somebody else's in the meantime) is still valid, you can also try the new free cytometry analysis software Cyto_SW from this website: http://www.wolf-danniel.com/flow-cytometry-software.php . There is a short manual available on the same page to guide you through the basic functions.

This Cyto_SW program allows you export histogram data into CSV, XLSX, JPG, PNG, SVG or PDF format (as well as standard Clipboard - maybe the easiest way to get your data into Excel).
If you want to do some simple math (like linear tranformations for better readability of your data in the Overlay histogram), there is also a function called "Transformation" that allows this easily.
If you experience any issues with opening some exotic FCS file formats, please contact the manufacturer and the import capabilities of this program would be updated.

Good luck with your data analysis!

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »