Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Freezing tissues  (Read 2696 times)

Offline wallywoo

• SuperTech
Freezing tissues
« on: January 05, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
Does anyone know how long the tissue holds it's integrity in the -80 freezer and if it get too dry at some point to do IHC staining on?  Is there a special way to store/prepare the slides so they don't dry out?

Freezing tissues
« on: January 05, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »

Offline Cardio

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
Re: Freezing tissues
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
Your question is protein dependent. Some proteins handle long term storage better than others.

For long term storage of a cyrofrozen sample I normally seal it in a 50 ml falcon tube. This limits the OCT/tissue from drying out.

For slides I store them at - 20 and wrap the the slide box in syrain wrap. Depending on the IHC I am doing the samples are good for a couple of years.

If the IHC does not work on the stored slides I will go back and cut more from the frozen sample. Fixation will also affect how long the samples will be able to be stored.

Offline wallywoo

• SuperTech
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »
Thanks!  We are doing lymph nodes- nasopharyngeal. We are running CD4, CD68, CD8, pig 45 and many more so I'm going to be posting a lot more here.

Offline GJennifer

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
May I ask what antibody (company, type) you used for your CD68 staining? We are about to look at CD68 for pig skin but I have been struggling to find a suitable product, as I am so far unfamiliar with working with pig tissue.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »