Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Caspase-3 Curiosity  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Bastet13

• SuperTech
Caspase-3 Curiosity
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking into staining for Caspase-3.  I am wondering if there is an advantage to using cleaved Caspase-3 (recognizing the large fragment of the activated cleaved protein) or to using an antibody that recognizes the entire full-length (presumably inactive) Caspase-3, or perhaps it is best to use one that sees both, like Cell Signaling #9662?
I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks so much,
Sara

Caspase-3 Curiosity
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline Cardio

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
Re: Caspase-3 Curiosity
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking into staining for Caspase-3.  I am wondering if there is an advantage to using cleaved Caspase-3 (recognizing the large fragment of the activated cleaved protein) or to using an antibody that recognizes the entire full-length (presumably inactive) Caspase-3, or perhaps it is best to use one that sees both, like Cell Signaling #9662?
I would love to hear your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks so much,
Sara
I use the cell signaling antibody on frozen  sections and it seems to work well.

Offline SGlerup

• HighTech
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
Hi,
we use the Cell Signaling #9661 antibody recognizing the cleaved Caspase-3 form.

It works well for IHC on sections of injured mouse sciatic nerve and DRG.

I have reviewed the antibody on www.pabmabs.com

Whether to detect the full length form or the cleaved form depends on what you want to study!

Offline JKroonen

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »
Hi,

As SGlerup said, it depends on what you want to study.

I only used antibodies against active (cleaved) caspase-3. The one from Promega works very well for IHC and ICC and the sc22171 (santa cruz biotechnology) is good for WB analysis. I recently reviewed both at antibody-adviser.com: http://www.antibody-adviser.com/brapplications/multsearch/CASP3/-/-/-

Hope this helps!

Jérôme

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »