Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Producing antibodies to recombinant proteins????  (Read 5861 times)

Offline Dynamite1

Producing antibodies to recombinant proteins????
« on: June 18, 2003, 06:21:52 AM »
I am looking to have some polyclonal antibodies produced! in order for me to do this I need to have my proteins expressed. I have found a company based in the UK called Harlan Sera-Lab, who can produce my recombinant proteins from the gene and have my polyclonal with me within 15wks. Would you say this is my best route? the company sound very reasonable on price and have told me that if they did fail to express any of my proteins I would not be charged for their efforts. I have no real experience in expressing proteins myself but my colleague tells me that this service sounds very good, if anyone can let me know their thoughts it would be great.

Kind regards

Peter Davis

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

« on: June 18, 2003, 06:21:52 AM »

Offline richard03

• Administrator
  • GoldMember
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 07:59:07 PM »
In recently years, there are lots of small companies doing these kinds of services and it is called "Contract Research Organization' or 'CRO'. Most of them have good experience and expertise in the fields of their services. However, the project may fail. If they don't charge for their effort that sounds good, but they may end up charging something else, such as material cost, etc. So you need to read your project contract in details before you start.

Richard

Offline Chris Deacon

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 06:45:42 AM »
Mmm I may be seen to be being a little Biased here but I actually used to work for Harlan Sera-Lab! and they do a fantastic job!! I honestly wouldn't say that if it were not true!

Obviously there are a few other companies you could use but the technology Harlan are currently using is unique as a custom service as far as I am aware.

Good luck with your project which ever route you take.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 06:45:42 AM »