Thanks for all of your suggestions. I never got the markers to work. My guess is that the MeOH is denaturing my antigen, and that the monoclonals I have are specific to an epitope with tertiary structure. This would probably explain why my polyclonal still works in this format. I tried a very large matrix, consisting of various fixatives, AR, and proteases. AR as it turns out, did work for these markers, but only when previously fixed with a 50/50 mix of Acetone/Methanol. Not when fixed with only MeOH, as the previously stained slides are. In any case, we've decided to back up a bit and work with unstained slides. A bit harder to get, since my pool of old cases get's a lot smaller, but the staining will be easier. Thanks again for your suggestions!