Author Topic: Dilemma in immunostaining  (Read 5099 times)

Offline YHamilton

Dilemma in immunostaining
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »
I am working on an antibody (let called it X) rise from mice which inhibit the axon outgrowth of DRG Neurons. By using a transgenic mice, I would like to see does the gene can protect the neuron from the inhibition of X.
The problem is the primary antibody which my lab use to identify the neuron which expressed that gene is produced in mice as well. As a result, I can't use that antibody to identify the neuron with that expressed gene.
Is there any way to block the X and then still use another mice antibody for IHC??

Dilemma in immunostaining
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »

Offline KDominik

Re: Dilemma in immunostaining
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
Hi,

interesting Problem, and exactly the same I have with RC2. I am currently trying to use a Mouse on Mouse antibody kit to block unspecific binding/staining of the sec. antibody. This might also work for you. This is the kit I am currently testing: "VECTOR M.O.M. Immunodetection Kit Fluorescein".

Have you by any chance solved your problem already? Please let me know how you manged to get around it!

Yours sincerely,
Dominik

Offline WAndrea

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:01 AM »
I think it because you use the mice which is not the normal mouse but a transgenic animal. So you right, you can change another mouse to do the experiment again. Hope you a good luck!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:01 AM »