Abcam Ad

Author Topic: How to keep sections adhered to slide during hot citrate treatment  (Read 3548 times)

Offline BMathieson

Hello,
I am trying BrdU IHC with brain sections.  I can't keep the sections attached to the slides (either superfrost or chrome alum subbed) during the steamed citrate exposure to expose the BrDu antigen.  Can anyone suggest a better slide adhesive that stands up to heat?
- Brewster

Offline gula

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
Re: How to keep sections adhered to slide during hot citrate treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »
How long do you dry the sections? roomtemp or oven?
Are you careful about water trapped under the section?
gula

Offline DCundiff

• SuperTech
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »
When working with formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded brain tissue my laboratory always air dried in a vertical position, then dried at 37 degrees overnight followed by 60 degrees for an hour before beginning the IHC protocol. Hope this helps! 

Offline ImmunoNYC

• Global Moderator
  • GoldMember
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:03:47 AM »
When working with formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded brain tissue my laboratory always air dried in a vertical position, then dried at 37 degrees overnight followed by 60 degrees for an hour before beginning the IHC protocol. Hope this helps!
I agree with this air dry overnight and ensure no traces of water remain, then bake 60 degrees for 1 h prior to staining. Let them cool down from 60 degrees before beginning the dewaxing etc. Also use something like Superfrost Plus slides.

Offline CAndrea

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »
+ charged Plus slides are what I've always use.  We put them on a hotplate or in oven at 65-72 degrees and bake them for 2 hours for tissue to adhere after cutting

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »