Author Topic: Has anyone tried SK1 clone CD8 antibody for IHC-P?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline MBudhwani

Has anyone tried SK1 clone CD8 antibody for IHC-P?
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:55:41 PM »
Hi, I am working on a three colour staining on formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissues and to fit all the three antibodies together, I'll have to use a conjugated antibody. One of the markers is CD8 and the only conjugated CD8 antibody available is the SK1 clone. I was wondering if anyone has had success with it on paraffin embedded tissues. As far as my literature search goes, it has been used once for this application while is routinely used for flow cytometry. I'd appreciate it if someone could share their experience working with this antibody.

Thanks!

Megha

Has anyone tried SK1 clone CD8 antibody for IHC-P?
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:55:41 PM »

Offline DGonzalo

Re: Has anyone tried SK1 clone CD8 antibody for IHC-P?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:59:54 AM »
Hi, if you search in www.labome.com, there is a free database with citations of comercial antibodies. Anti-CD8 (SK1) conjugated with Alexa Fluor 488 has been used for paraffin IHC, although in the entry it says "this clone was tested in-house and does not demonstrate utility for formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) human tonsil sections. However, there are references cited that indicate that this clone has been used successfully in other FFPE applications:  Carbone A, et al. 1999. Blood 93:2319. (IHC)  Ahmed A, et al. 2001. J. Pathol. 193:383. (IHC).

I can see there are other clones that have been shown to work in paraffin-embedded tissues, like clone 76-2-11 from LifeSpan Biosciences (http://www.labome.com/product/LifeSpan-Biosciences/LS-C350971.html), which is conjugated to FITC. Or the clone AMC908 from eBioscience (http://www.labome.com/product/eBioscience/53-0008-82.html), conjugated to Alexa Fluor 488.

Hope this helps.

Re: Has anyone tried SK1 clone CD8 antibody for IHC-P?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:59:54 AM »