Abcam Ad

Author Topic: Microscope with Camera Purchase Help  (Read 4530 times)

Offline ljarvis

Microscope with Camera Purchase Help
« on: November 24, 2004, 07:47:26 PM »
I am looking to purchase a microscope.  I am fairly new to the IHC-staining world as I am a chemist by education.  The microscope that I currently use is an inverted light Nikon TE200 (currently, highest lens power is 20X) with a Diagnostic Instruments camera.

I will be using it to look at clinical slides that have been DAB stained and for H&E stained slides, basically looking at the stain and the morphology of the slide.  Also, I will need to take pictures.

It seems that the camera might be old and would be best if it is replaced.  The microscope power seems low at 20X and I am considering of getting at least 100X lens.

Do you think that the microscope is useful for my purpose or is a new one necessary for purchase?  Also, if you have any suggestions or recommendations on a new camera or computer picture taking software (I am using some general-purpose ATI software) for this series of microscope I will like to know.  Or, if you have the optimal system setup for this type of purpose your response is welcomed.

Thank you.

Microscope with Camera Purchase Help
« on: November 24, 2004, 07:47:26 PM »